Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Sociological perspective Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 words

Sociological perspective - fitting ExampleRather, external influences our experiences become part of our thinking and motivations. The society in which we grow up, and our particular corners in that society, then, lie at the center of our behavior, (Henslin 5). Accordingly, the role imagination plays from the sociological perspective is that it must be engaged as a tool to comprehend the experiences of others and, consequently, their social understanding of the world.Of course, social imagination is an imperfect tool. I come from a lower middle-class background, but was raised in an upper middle-class neighborhood. As such, it was always difficult for me to fully comprehend the nature of the drug culture and the situation of those living in the underclass of American society. My closest exposure to this social perspective was simply coming into contact with heroine and cocaine addicts and dealers while walking down the street. From this point of view, it was difficult to understa nd how confined and oppressive their situation was the ecphonesis of many work-a-day citizens toward such people get a job almost made sense to me. However, this was until I came into contact with David Simons book, The Corner, in which he immersed himself in the drug culture of Balti more than. Simon brings this experience right to the audience and with profound effect. Because of my experience with this book, I believe I have developed a vastly more accurate social imagination regarding those caught-up not just in drug addiction but similarly in the culture surrounding its sale. Naturally, where it not for Simons experiences and his communicative ability, this social perspective would still be completely foreign to me and my imagination would not be nearly as

No comments:

Post a Comment