Sunday, March 17, 2019

My Day in Africa Essay -- Descriptive Essay Examples

My day in Africa was sensation Ill non soon forget. I toured two major cities of Morocco-land of mystery, enticement, and enchantment. I was expecting belly dancers, snake charmers, and many alien sights filled with color and intricate decoration. While I did see any(prenominal) of what I expected, the majority of what I saw was tot in ally unexpected and testament haunt me for invariably. As I boarded the ship that was to push certify me across the Mediterranean Sea to the northern shores of Morocco, I felt up an force of mixed emotions. Mainly, I was excited. later all, I was only 13 and virtually to become tricontinental. The anterior five days I had spent in sunny Spain, and in a flash I was to travel to Africa for one day. Besides excited, I also felt deeply intrigued and mystified. Moroccans practice the Muslim religion, and Arabic is one of their main languages. This may seem a bit prejudiced, but as I took my post in the boat, the song Arabian Nights was playi ng oer and over in my mind. However, I was dressed very conservatively so as not to offend anybody. The boat ride took only most 45 minutes. After we had docked and debarked the ship, we were led straight to a passel. My first coup doeil of Africa wasnt too exciting, since it was still pretty much like Andalucia, the southern function of Spain. It was a little(a) warmer here, though, being so close to the equator. We rode for a while and hence stopped to have our passports checked in a city possess by Spain. This is when I had my first real glimpse of Morocco. There was fling strewn all over alongside the old, cracked pavement of the road. Natives attending to their patronage stopped for a moment to stare at the tour bus that held so many foreigners. Of course, they could scarcely see us because of the tinted ... ...ed fezzes, which he sell for 2000 pesetas, or about 10 dollars. I said, No, convey you. The man replied, Oh, you deprave from in store but dont buy from t he street, eh? I honestly didnt subsist what to say, so I unsloped said, Im sorry. His reply was, I bet. I just kept on walking, feeling very guilty. but as it turn out, he gave my mom a 1000 peseta discount, so she bought three of the hats. As I boarded the bus, I felt projecting to be go away Morocco behind me. But then I looked back at all the people, some of them children, and thought how difficult it must be to have to go through hardships every single day, hardships worse than anything we modern-day Americans have ever endured. I was leaving Morocco, but these people had no way out. blush today, the sights and sounds of its cities still haunt me. I suppose those memories incessantly will. My Day in Africa Essay -- Descriptive Essay ExamplesMy day in Africa was one Ill not soon forget. I toured two major cities of Morocco-land of mystery, enticement, and enchantment. I was expecting belly dancers, snake charmers, and many exotic sights filled with colo r and intricate decoration. While I did see some of what I expected, the majority of what I saw was all unexpected and will haunt me forever. As I boarded the ship that was to take me across the Mediterranean Sea to the northern shores of Morocco, I felt an array of mixed emotions. Mainly, I was excited. After all, I was only 13 and about to become tricontinental. The previous five days I had spent in sunny Spain, and now I was to travel to Africa for one day. Besides excited, I also felt deeply intrigued and mystified. Moroccans practice the Muslim religion, and Arabic is one of their main languages. This may seem a bit prejudiced, but as I took my seat in the boat, the song Arabian Nights was playing over and over in my mind. However, I was dressed very conservatively so as not to offend anybody. The boat ride took only about 45 minutes. After we had docked and debarked the ship, we were led straight to a bus. My first glimpse of Africa wasnt too exciting, since it was just prett y much like Andalucia, the southern region of Spain. It was a little warmer here, though, being so close to the equator. We rode for a while and then stopped to have our passports checked in a city owned by Spain. This is when I had my first real glimpse of Morocco. There was trash strewn all over alongside the old, cracked pavement of the road. Natives attending to their business stopped for a moment to stare at the tour bus that held so many foreigners. Of course, they could scarcely see us because of the tinted ... ...ed fezzes, which he sold for 2000 pesetas, or about 10 dollars. I said, No, thank you. The man replied, Oh, you buy from in store but dont buy from the street, eh? I honestly didnt know what to say, so I just said, Im sorry. His reply was, I bet. I just kept on walking, feeling very guilty. But as it turned out, he gave my mom a 1000 peseta discount, so she bought three of the hats. As I boarded the bus, I felt relieved to be leaving Morocco behind me. But then I looked back at all the people, some of them children, and thought how difficult it must be to have to go through hardships every single day, hardships worse than anything we modern Americans have ever endured. I was leaving Morocco, but these people had no way out. Even today, the sights and sounds of its cities still haunt me. I suppose those memories always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment